It’s World Thinking Day! Read about how you can make a difference by reading what Owlkids intern Danielle had to say about it.
Every year, the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates World Thinking Day. This year, the theme is “Impact”! The theme focuses on the many ways that you can create positive change for the world. Even something as small as smiling at the people around you, or using the recycling bin can make a positive impact.
One of the challenges for World Thinking Day is to understand our negative impact on the environment and find ways to help save it. Here are some ways that you can help protect the environment at home:
- Use less energy and electricity in your house by turning off electronics like the TV and computer and flicking off the lights when you leave a room.
- Waste less water by taking a short shower and turn the tap off when brushing your teeth.
- Waste less food by not making or taking more than you can eat.
- Use reusable bottles, bags and containers over plastic disposable ones.
- Ask an adult if you can go to a local park to pick up litter.
What are things you do to make an impact? Tell us in the comments!
Until next time,
– Danielle, email@example.com