Today is Arbour Day, a special day that celebrates trees! I love trees. They give shade, look really pretty and even clean the air that we breath!
Here are a few activities you can do to celebrate trees:
1) Hug a tree! How wide do you have to spread your arms to fit all the way around?
2) Make a tree rubbing. Place paper against the tree trunk and lightly rub a pencil over top until you get a cool design.
3) Collect fallen leaves off the ground. Compare them! How are they the same? How are they different?
4) Help your family plant a tree in your own yard, or a park!
5) Check out the April issue of Chirp for more tree ideas!
Have a fun and safe weekend!