Here comes another post by Owlkids intern, Courtney!
Happy Earth Day!
Happy Earth Day! Every April 22, people all over the world celebrate Earth Day. Here are 5 activities that you can do with your family and friends to celebrate the earth.
1. Go to an Earth Day event in your area! Visit https://earthday.ca/ed2017/events/ to see a list of Earth Day events.
2. Go for a bike ride with friends or family. This is better for the air because it doesn’t create pollution.
3. Plant a vegetable garden. It’s great to eat locally grown food that doesn’t have to be shipped in from far away by gas guzzling cars or boats.
4. Play a game with friends at the park. What better a way to celebrate Earth Day than being out in nature?
5. Go on a bug hunt. Look for different types of bugs in your backyard and compare them to each other. What do they have in common? How are they different?
Leave a comment telling us how you’ll be spending Earth Day!
Bye for now!