Did you know that today is the start of World Water Week? This week-long holiday is meant to remind all of us to be thankful for the clean, running water that we have, and to save water whenever we can.
Here are some water-saving tips that you can try at home:
- Turn off the tap while you’re brushing your teeth
- Try taking short showers instead of baths
- If you pour a glass of water, try drinking all of it instead of pouring it back down the drain
- Only flush when you really need to
- If any of your faucets are dripping, tell an adult
- Instead of running the tap to get drinking water cold, keep a pitcher of water in the fridge
- Collect rain water in a bucket or barrel and use it for things like watering plants!
What are some other ways you save water? Let us know in the comments below!
Bye for now!