It’s time for “Get to Know An Author!” on the blog! This month, we’re getting to know Dave Whamond, the Blue Spruce award-winning creator of the books, Oddrey, Oddrey and the New Kid, and Oddrey Joins the Team. You may also know him from his other book called My Think-a-ma-jink. Oh, and you may ALSO know him from his funny illustrations every month in chickaDEE’s Did You Know pages.
Okay, so now you know some of the awesome work that he’s done… find out the answers to these 10 things below! We asked him to finish 10 sentences for us. Here are his answers:
1. The first thing I do when I wake up is hit the snooze button and promise myself I will definitely, definitely go to bed earlier that night.
2. My favourite way to eat eggs is scrambled but I have a weakness for Cadbury Mini-eggs.
3. I have a funny habit of checking my pockets for my wallet, phone and keys even though I just put them in, then somehow walking out of the house without them.
4. My pet’s name is Aiko (pronounced I-ko). Best dog in the world and provides me with a lot of cartoon material.
5. My nickname is Whammy.
6. I have visited 9 countries. My favorite is Italy.
7. My hero is Homer Simpson. Whenever I am faced with a crisis, I think WWHD… “What would Homer do?” Serious answer: My Dad. Whenever I am faced with a crisis, I think WWDD.
8. My hidden talent is doing impressions. I have a lot of hidden talents but I forgot where I hid them.
9. When I look outside my window, I see a squirrel staring back at me. (I have a squirrel character in my comic “Reality Check” named Ralph and I like to think it’s him.)
10. The last thing I do before I fall asleep is read a book until the late hours, trying to remember what I definitely, definitely promised myself I would do that night.
Great answers. Thanks for playing along… Whammy!
Readers, you can play along, too. Finish your own sentences below in the comment section.
– Mandy, firstname.lastname@example.org