This newest craft from Owlkids intern Sarah is so ‘tweet’! Read on to see what she’s been up to.
Did you know that there are many different kinds of birds? Some birds like to fly, some birds like to walk, and some birds like to swim! Birds eat all sorts of things like insects, grass, nuts, seeds, flower buds, and more! Make birds feel welcome with this awesome birdhouse!
- Empty milk carton
- Decorations like stickers, colourful tape and jewels
- Small twig
- Have an adult help you cut a hole in the middle of the empty milk carton.
- Decorate the milk carton with stickers, colourful tape and jewels.
- Tape a piece of string to the top of the milk carton so you can hang your birdhouse outside.
- Find a small twig outside and glue it to the front of your birdhouse so birds can land on it.
- Make your birdhouse cozy by filling it with grass, leaves, and bird food!
When you’re done making your birdhouse, hang it on a tree, and wave hello to all the birds that visit!