Hi Owlkids Family,
It’s that time of year again! Here are some tips and tricks to get your family ready for September.
- Get kids involved in back-to-school shopping. Set a budget and let them pick out school supplies and clothing within that budget.
- A couple weeks before school starts, gradually shift bedtime a few minutes earlier every night.
- Form good hygiene habits with these Chirp, Chickadee, and OWL handwashing guides.
- Turn last year’s backpack into something new with this DIY Galaxy Backpack how-to.
- Talk about what kids are excited about but also talk about fears and worries. Books like What Happens Next, A Line in the Sand, and Raj’s Rule (For the Bathroom at School) are great conversation starters.
- For younger kids, practise opening and closing lunch boxes, containers, and backpacks independently.
- Create a morning schedule together.
- Test out simple snack and lunch recipes that kids can help with. Try these yummy cucumber roll-ups!
- Get everyone’s brains into problem-solving mode by building a Rube Goldberg chain reaction contraption.
- Pretend it’s the first day of school and have everyone in the family put on the silliest first-day outfit. Take a school family portrait to commemorate your silly school day!