3, 2, 1… blast off into making this fun craft by Owlkids intern, Danielle!
In the January/February 2018 issue of Chirp, we showed you how to make a rocket you can eat! Turn to page 23 of the issue to find out more about this tasty snack.
But wait, we have even more rocket fun for you today. Read on to learn how to make a rocket decoration for your room!
*Remember to always ask an adult for help.
- Colourful paper
- A hole punch
- Roll a sheet of paper into a tube, then tape the edges together.
- Punch a hole into each side of the top of the tube. Loop a piece of string through the holes, then tie the ends together in a knot.
- Cut a circle from another piece of paper, then make a cut into the centre. Curl the paper in to a cone shape, then tape the ends together.
- Tape streamers inside the bottom of the rocket for flames.
- Cut off the tip of the cone to make a small hole. Pull the string from the top of your rocket through the hole of the cone. Hang your rocket in a special spot!
TIP: Tape some stars and other decorations to your rocket!