Happy first day of summer! To start off the summer season, I went strawberry picking with my family this weekend. Let me tell you–it was a lot of fun!
Here’s a short list of things I didn’t know about strawberry picking:
- Picking strawberries is hard work.
- You can tell if a strawberry is ripe if the bottom is red.
- Strawberries with green tips need a little more maturing before being picked.
- To pick a strawberry, you gently tug at the end of the stem.
- Strawberries have prickly thorns so you have to be extra careful when you’re picking.
- They taste absolutely delicious!
Have you ever picked strawberries or any other fruit or vegetable with your family? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can’t wait to hear your stories!