March 20th is the first day of spring! I don’t know about you but spring makes me think of flowers, rain, and warm, sunny days ahead. It’s time to trade in that heavy winter jacket for a bright, waterproof windbreaker. Mine’s yellow!
To help get you into the spirit of spring, try these five fun activities:
1. Go fly a kite. Wait for a windy day for the best kite weather.
2. Do a little spring-cleaning. Donate gently worn clothes and shoes to a local charity or shelter.
3. Make up a spring scavenger hunt for you and your friends.
4. Look for animal tracks. Many animals are waking up from hibernation so who knows what animals you’ll track down!
5. Plant some seeds. March and April are a great time to start a fruit or vegetable garden.
Send us your spring ideas and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editor of chickaDEE