If you’re looking to get into the Easter spirit, or if you like to laugh, you should definitely check out the movie HOP (now available on Blu-ray & DVD).
This hilarious movie is a combination of live-action and animation that dazzles the eyes and ears with lots of colourful scenery and catchy music! The movie follows a teenage bunny, named E.B., who is supposed to become the next Easter Bunny. The only problem is, E.B. just wants to become a rock star. He decides the only way to make his dream come true is to leave home and head to Los Angeles. Things get a little crazy when E.B. first arrives in L.A., but then he meets a human, named Fred, who has big dreams of his own. Can the two of them help each other make their goals become a reality? You’ll have to watch the movie to find out!
Here are a few things I noticed about the movie:
1) There are cute animals everywhere. From fuzzy chicks to adorable bunnies, you may find yourself saying “AWWW!” many times during this flick!
2) I giggled a lot. There is an “evil” chick named Carlos in the movie that had me laughing every time he came on screen.
If you watch it, leave a comment below and let me know what you thought of the movie!
This Saturday is Earth Hour. Starting at 8:30 local time, folks around the world are encouraged to turn the lights off in their homes for one hour. Earth Hour shows us that little actions can make a big difference in saving the environment.
Here are some tips for spending time with your family in the dark tomorrow night:
1. Have a family dinner – by candlelight! It’s a good night for sandwiches and other finger foods that you don’t need to heat up on the stove.
2. After dinner, go for a night walk and look at the stars.
3. When you’re all tuckered out from the walk, you can sit in the dark and tell stories!
Is your family planning on participating in Earth Hour? Share your ideas in the comment section.
If you’re looking for a few laughs, check out Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (now available on Blu-ray & DVD). In this hilarious movie, the Chipmunks and Chipettes are aboard a cruise ship headed to the International Music Awards. But the relaxing trip quickly becomes more of an adventure when the Chipmunks and their guardian, Dave, fall overboard and find themselves washed up on a remote island. When the furry friends realize they’ve become separated from Dave, they must fend for themselves as they search for their missing family member.
Here are a view things I noticed about the movie:
1) It’s funny. The Chipmunks and Chipettes are at their finest in this flick! If you enjoyed their silly antics in the first two movies, you won’t be disappointed. Some of the silliness might be more funny to adults, but there are enough shenanigans to keep younger audiences laughing, too.
2) There are tons of song and dance numbers. You’ll probably recognize many of the hits from artists like Lady Gaga, Destiny’s Child and many more! You’ll want to get up and dance for sure.
If you do check out this movie, leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
Happy Friday! I thought I would kick off the weekend with a round of Reader Art of the Week! While I was snooping around the reader mail pile, I came across a drawing of one of my favourite chickaDEE characters.
Can you put a name to this face?
That’s right, it’s Dr. Zed’s stupendous sidekick, Ooze! Who doesn’t love this little guy? He’s hilarious and I’m sure Dr. Zed would agree that he’s a great helper!
Thanks to Hannah, 10, for sending in this amazing drawing!