- For Kids!
- Parents & Teachers
- Meet Us
There are some yummy recipes in the September issue of Chirp. Here’s a sneak peek of one you’ll find in the issue. These delicious treats will pack perfectly in your lunch box. Or, enjoy one after school to tide you over until dinner!
*Remember to ask and adult for help!*
Fruity Cereal Squares
• 60 mL (1/4 cup) butter
• 1 bag of marshmallows
• 1.5 L (6 cups) toasted oat cereal
• 125 mL (1/2 cup) dried banana bits
• 125 mL (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
• 10 mL (2 tsp.) flax seeds
1) Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2) Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3) Remove from heat and stir in cereal, dried fruit and flax seeds.
4) Spoon mixture into a 9- x 13-inch greased baking pan. Press the mixture into an even layer so it covers the pan.
5) Let cool, then cut into squares.
Talk to you later!
Have you ever had your picture taken at school? I just found this funny picture of me in Grade 1! I think my aunt made me that apple dress and I really loved it. I even wore it on the first day of school.
Click here for some fun frames you can cut out and fill with your school pictures.
Today is especially yummy because it’s Creamsicle Day! This cool treat is usually eaten as a dessert, but how about a healthy creamsicle smoothie for breakfast instead? Try making this delicious recipe, for a treat you can have any time of day!
Here’s what you’ll need:
What to do:
Give everything a good whirl in the blender, and pour! This drink is sure to make you smile.
What’s your favourite summer treat? Leave a comment below.
Until next time!
July 1st is Canada Day. Celebrate this great holiday with some yummy, red-and-white s’mores!
What are YOU doing to celebrate this holiday? Leave us a comment!