Recipe: Fruity Cereal Squares
There are some yummy recipes in the September issue of Chirp. Here’s a sneak peek of one you’ll find in the issue. These delicious treats will pack perfectly in your lunch box. Or, enjoy one after school to tide you over until dinner!
*Remember to ask and adult for help!*
Fruity Cereal Squares
• 60 mL (1/4 cup) butter
• 1 bag of marshmallows
• 1.5 L (6 cups) toasted oat cereal
• 125 mL (1/2 cup) dried banana bits
• 125 mL (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
• 10 mL (2 tsp.) flax seeds
1) Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2) Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3) Remove from heat and stir in cereal, dried fruit and flax seeds.
4) Spoon mixture into a 9- x 13-inch greased baking pan. Press the mixture into an even layer so it covers the pan.
5) Let cool, then cut into squares.
Talk to you later!