Almost two weeks ago, the Toronto Raptors (Canada’s only NBA basketball team) won the championship for the first time ever! Pretty exciting, right? It’s a big win for all Canadians and an important moment to celebrate. Let’s go Raptors!
Below are some cool facts you can tell your friends to show off how much you know about the sport!
- Basketball was invented by a Canadian named James Naismith in 1891.
- Allowing five players from each team on the court became a rule in 1897.
- Dribbling wasn’t allowed until 1897.
- Peach baskets and chicken wire were used as the original basketball nets!
- The term “slam dunk” was originally called a “dunk shot” before the 1970s.
Are you happy the Raptors won? Leave a comment below!
Bye for now,