- For Kids!
- Parents & Teachers
- Meet Us
Did you know that it’s National Waffle Week? Waffles are a great way to start your day before heading off to class!
Although waffles are tasty on their own, I have a few tips to make them even yummier. Start with a toasted whole wheat waffle, then pick from the toppings below!
*Remember to ask an adult for help!*
1) strawberries + banana slices + cream cheese = Banana-rama Waffle
2) pumpkin seeds + raisins + nut butter = Nutty Buddy Waffle
3) melon chunks + blueberries + maple syrup = Marvellous Maple Waffle
4) granola + apple slices + hazelnut spread = Granola Goodness Waffle
I made up my own names for these tasty treats, but you can make up your own names and flavour combinations!
How many waffle combinations can you think of?
Leave a comment below!
Well, we all know what happens next week… back to school!
There used to be things I loved (and didn’t love!) about back-to-school time. Besides seeing my friends again, one of the things I always loved was getting ready for a new year by filling my pencil case with some of my favourite pencils and erasers (nice smelling ones)!
I want to know what you love about back to school. Maybe it’s a sport you love playing, a club you enjoy going to, lunch time, or a teacher you can’t wait to see again. There are so many good things about back to school!
Comment below and tell us what you’re looking forward to.
Hey, OWL Readers!
Some people – called graphologists – believe in the science of using a person’s handwriting to discover more about their personality. Graphologists can work in fields like psychology, medicine and crime forensics. Cool, huh?
Give graphology a try: copy the sentence below on a piece of lined paper, sign your name underneath, and then read on to find what your handwriting says about you!
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
– [Your Name]
We’re going to use five S’s of graphology: size, shape, slant, strength, and signature.
1. Size – How much of the line your writing takes up shows how you might behave at a party or social gathering.
2. Shape – Do your letters look more like sticks or stones? The answer shows what kinds of subjects you might ace at school.
3. Slant – If your letters were arrows, which way would they point? This can tell you a little bit about whether or not you’d try something daring!
4. Strength – How much pressure do you put on your pen or pencil when writing? This tells you what kind of friend you are.
5. Signature – Is your signature scribbly or sharp? This tells you what kind of celebrity you would be!
I can’t wait to hear what your handwriting reveals about you! Do you agree with your results?
Until next time, graphologists!
– Lauren, firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Monday! Today’s question of the week is:
What are you into the most these days?
This question was based on a suggestion from Madeline. She said that her and her friends all like different stuff, so she thought it would be interesting to see what other readers say.
This could be a hobby that you love or a pop group that you can’t get enough of! Get creative and tell us what you’re into the most.