- For Kids!
- Parents & Teachers
- Meet Us
Did you know that September 22nd was the first day of Fall? I’m sad to see Summer go, but there is lots that I love about Fall too. I especially love watching the trees in my neigbourhood change colour.
If you’re looking for something fun to do to celebrate the new season, try one of these fun Fall activities:
Enjoy the season!
If you live in Lethbridge, Saskatoon, Kitchener, Toronto or Halifax, check out The Word on the Street festival this weekend. The Word on the Street celebrates literacy and is full of fun events for kids of all ages. Drop by the Owlkids booth in Toronto and say hi to the Chirp in person!
For a full list of events, check out the website HERE.
See you there!
There are some yummy recipes in the September issue of Chirp. Here’s a sneak peek of one you’ll find in the issue. These delicious treats will pack perfectly in your lunch box. Or, enjoy one after school to tide you over until dinner!
*Remember to ask and adult for help!*
Fruity Cereal Squares
• 60 mL (1/4 cup) butter
• 1 bag of marshmallows
• 1.5 L (6 cups) toasted oat cereal
• 125 mL (1/2 cup) dried banana bits
• 125 mL (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
• 10 mL (2 tsp.) flax seeds
1) Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2) Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3) Remove from heat and stir in cereal, dried fruit and flax seeds.
4) Spoon mixture into a 9- x 13-inch greased baking pan. Press the mixture into an even layer so it covers the pan.
5) Let cool, then cut into squares.
Talk to you later!