Did you know that Earth Day is the biggest environmental event in the world? Each year, more than six million Canadians participate in Earth Day activities in their communities.
Here are some ways you can celebrate Earth Day:
- Go on a nature walk with family members and pick up garbage along the way
- Remember to turn off the lights when you leave a room
- Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth
- Re-use as many items as you can before trashing or recycling them
- Ask your family to buy local fruit and vegetables whenever possible
- Head outside for some fun instead of using electronics
What are you doing to celebrate Earth Day? Leave a comment below!