- For Kids!
- Parents & Teachers
- Meet Us
If you live in Lethbridge, Saskatoon, Kitchener, Toronto or Halifax, check out The Word on the Street festival this weekend. The Word on the Street celebrates literacy and is full of fun events for kids of all ages. Drop by the Owlkids booth in Toronto and say hi to the Chirp in person!
For a full list of events, check out the website HERE.
See you there!
There are some yummy recipes in the September issue of Chirp. Here’s a sneak peek of one you’ll find in the issue. These delicious treats will pack perfectly in your lunch box. Or, enjoy one after school to tide you over until dinner!
*Remember to ask and adult for help!*
Fruity Cereal Squares
• 60 mL (1/4 cup) butter
• 1 bag of marshmallows
• 1.5 L (6 cups) toasted oat cereal
• 125 mL (1/2 cup) dried banana bits
• 125 mL (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
• 10 mL (2 tsp.) flax seeds
1) Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2) Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3) Remove from heat and stir in cereal, dried fruit and flax seeds.
4) Spoon mixture into a 9- x 13-inch greased baking pan. Press the mixture into an even layer so it covers the pan.
5) Let cool, then cut into squares.
Talk to you later!
School is back in session and so are morning routines! Sometimes getting back into a routine can be a bit tough. Here are some tips to help make mornings fun and easy!
1) Keep your backpack by the door. Put your stuff in it the night before school.
2) Pick out your clothes the night before so you won’t be rushing around in the morning trying to find matching socks!
3) Get enough sleep. Being rested keeps you in a good mood and helps you concentrate.
4) Do stretches in the morning. Shake off sleepiness by reaching up to the sky, then touching your toes. Keep going until you feel awake.
5) Eat a good breakfast. Food is fuel for your body and it keeps you going all day long.
Follow these tips to help get yourself into the back-to-school rhythm!
Remember to check out the Back to School Mini-Guide in the September issue of chickaDEE for more tips, activities and puzzles to get you set for the school year!
Have a great day!