Does your family have a pet? Want a pet? Like to play with others’ pets? No matter what your situation, May is a great time to celebrate our fluffy, furry, and scaly friends because it’s Pet Month! Here are 10 fun family activities to try.
- Read a book about an animal character. Check out Cone Cat by Sarah Howden and Carmen Mok and then learn how to draw the feline protagonist!
- Play Hide n’ Seek with a dog or Follow the Leader with a cat.
- Make a pet rock craft.
- Read an article written by a vet to get all your animal questions answered.
- Watch this video to learn how dog guides are trained to help people.
- Make an origami fish.
- Listen to a silly story about a cat detective.
- Try a bubble snake experiment. Challenge your family to see who can make the longest one!
- Check out this video compilation of cute and hilarious guinea pigs.
- Considering adding a pet to your brood? Take this quiz to see which type of pet suits your family best.
Happy Pet Month, everyone!