Hi Owlkids Family,
With COVID-19 restrictions, Halloween might look a little different this year where you live, but it’s still a great excuse to get dressed up and stir up some spooky fun!
Here are some tips for having a super fun and COVID-friendly Halloween.
- Turn one room in your home into a haunted house with fake cobwebs, ghosts, mummies, and other homemade decorations.
- Make a spooky spider snack.
- Go trick-or-treating to different rooms in your house.
- Try a magical potion experiment.
- Have a door decorating contest with your neighbours.
- Hang treats from trees in your backyard and go on a scavenger hunt to find them.
- Learn about how gummy candies are made in this video.
- Host a Zoom party with costumed friends and family.
- Make a no-carve pumpkin like this or a fall leaf wreath like this.
- Fill a piñata with treats and take turns trying to hit it.
- Look for drive-through Halloween events in your area.
- Join a UNICEF walkathon and raise money for kids in need.