Fall is officially here and that means pumpkin season. Time to whip up OWL’s Pumpkin Seed Munchie Mix!
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) raw pumpkin seeds
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp.) vegetable oil
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) each of almonds, dried apricots, dried apples, and pecans
What to do:
- When carving your pumpkin for Halloween, separate the seeds, then wash, drain, and dry them. (Tip: you can also buy raw pumpkin seeds at grocery or bulk stores.)
- Coat the pumpkin seeds with vegetable oil. Spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Bake for 12 minutes. Remove the seeds from the oven and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin seeds with almonds, apricots, apples, and pecans.
Do you have any favourite fall snacks or recipes? Share them in the comments below.