Happy Halloween, Owlkids Family!
Here are some tips to turn your house into a Halloween Spook-tacular this year.
- Hang indoor and/or outdoor decorations like a paper ghost garland or orange and black streamers.
- Create a music playlistand set it up to play continuously from your TV or separate speakers.
- Tape a picture of a jack-o-lantern or ghost in cupboard to give someone a surprise.
- Carve or paint a pumpkin family. Or recycle old crayons to make a spooky wax-dripped pumpkin.
- Tape plastic bug toys onto walls or place them on cushions and chairs.
- Create a cozy blanket fort, perfect for telling silly stories in.
- Set out some scary snacks like these apple monsters.
- Decorate a window with orange and red tissue paper so any light shining through has a glow to it.
- Shine lamps or flashlights at objects to create giant shadows on one wall or make bat shadow puppets.
- Serve a magic potion smoothie made of blueberries, vanilla yogurt, milk, and few candy sprinkles on top.
Once you’ve got your house decked out, take advantage of the spooky atmosphere with a fun activity! Put on costumes and play hide and seek in the dark with flashlights, organize a candy scavenger hunt, or put on a magic show. Whatever you and your family do this Halloween, we hope you have a hauntingly happy time!
— The Owlkids Team