It’s the first day of summer! Head outside this weekend and play Caterpillar Hopscotch.
All you need is chalk, a small rock and a sidewalk.
Here’s how to get started:
- Draw a circle on the ground and add antenna and eyes.
- Draw another circle below the head of your caterpillar.
- Keep adding circles to create a long body for your caterpillar.
- Use different shades to keep it colourful.
Now you’re ready to play.
1. Stand at the bottom of your caterpillar and throw the rock.
2. Hop on one foot on each circle, but skip the circle that your rock landed on. See how long it takes your to get to your caterpillar’s head!
3. Try skipping one colour while hopping. Or, hop backward!
– Ashley, email@example.com