Hi Owlkids Community!
May 15 is International Day of Families, a United Nations holiday that focuses on the well-being of families around the world, with the purpose of raising awareness and to create family-oriented policies that reduce poverty, discrimination, and environmental destruction.
May is the perfect time to take a few moments to appreciate the joys of being part of your unique family. Here are some fun activities you can do together to keep the bonds strong.
- Talk about what makes a family. How many different kinds of families can you think of?
- Tape cardboard or paper together to make a giant family tree of your own family using photos and drawings of relatives.
- Make bubble snakes. See who can make the longest one
- Use a water filter experiment as way to start a conversation about how not having clean drinking water could effect families in Canada and all over the world.
- Work together to make a Rube Goldberg-inspired cool contraption like the one Chickadee readers made here.
- Check out 85 adorable animal family portraits. Cute overload!
- Get imaginative and start a silly conversation with some Would You Rather questions.
- Make a meal together. Comment below or send a photo to email@example.com and let us know what this meal means to your family.
We hope you enjoy your time together whatever you do!