Today is the first day of winter, also known as the winter solstice! There are lots of events going on all over Canada to celebrate the season. Here are some events you can go to with your family!
• Natrel Fire On Ice: This Saturday, you can watch fireworks and go skating with your family at the Natrel Rink in the Old Port area.
• Luminotherapie: Until January 27, you can explore and play with interactive light-up dominos at Place des Festivals. Every set of dominos has its own sound, so you can make music with them too!
• Aurora Winter Festival: Go to the Aurora Winter Festival at Ontario Place to see lights and shows, skate, go on rides and more!
• Holiday Fair in the Square: Check out the rides, games, treats and skating at the holiday fair at Nathan Phillips Square.
• Solstice Greetings: At the Firehall Arts Centre, you can hear songs and stories from different people and cultures to celebrate the start of winter.
• Sea of Lights: Check out the interactive bubbles experience at the Vancouver Aquarium, where you can pop bubbles and hear ocean sounds. You can also see a giant snow globe filled with jellyfish.
• Zoolights: Go and see the light show and animals at the Calgary zoo. There are over 2 million lights in the show!
• The Lions Festival of Lights: Go with your family to the Lions Festival of Lights, where you can see lights in fun shapes like bears, gingerbread people and more on 14th St. NW.
If none of these events are in your area, check out if your local ice rink, aquarium or museum are having any fun events or activities. Or, you can celebrate the start of winter from home by building a snowman or making snow angels.
What will you do to for the first day of winter? Let us know in the comments!