There’s nothing quite like a delicious banana split on a hot day. All that ice cream, bananas, and chocolatey goodness…yum! Have you tasted a mini-version of this dessert? With the help of an adult, try out the recipe below and let us know in the comments what you think!
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 small bananas, peeled
- ⅓ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp pineapple preserves
- 12 halved maraschino cherries
- Multicoloured tiny sprinkles
What to do:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the chocolate in a small bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds or until the chocolate is smooth. Transfer to a mug.
- Put the walnuts in another small bowl and slice the bananas into six pieces. Dip one end of each banana piece into the chocolate, then dip it into the walnut bowl. Set the bananas on the baking sheet and refrigerate for two hours.
- Whip the cream in a bowl until peaks form. Stir in the pineapple. Using a fork, place a dollop of cream onto each banana. Decorate with a cherry and sprinkles.
There you have it! Tiny banana splits (without the ice cream!) that you can share with your friends and family.