In the Jan/Feb issue of Chickadee, we shared a fun origami whale craft! Check out this fun origami boat craft below:
You can also find the craft here.
- 1 rectangular sheet of paper
What to do:
- Flip the paper so it is vertical or with the edges going up and down. Fold the bottom half up to the top. Then fold the bottom right corner over to the left and pinch the edge so that it makes a small crease. Then open it back up.
2. Use the crease as a guide and fold the left and right bottom corners up to the middle. Rotate the paper so the point is up to the top and fold one layer of paper up.
3. Flip the paper over to the other side and fold the bottom edge up. Unfold the paper and then fold the bottom right corner along the crease you made. Repeat on the bottom left flap.
4. Re-fold the bottom edge back up. Open the bottom of the boat and flatten them. Insert the overlapping flap on the left underneath the right section.
5. Fold one layer up to the top and repeat on the back. Then, open the bottom of the model.
6. Pull the left and right flaps apart, flatten it out and make sure it is in the shape of a boat. Open it slightly and you have a boat!