If you’re looking for something fun to do on a rainy day, why not make a wacky weather fortune teller?
You can either print and cut out the above fortune teller or make your own! All you need is a piece of paper cut into a square.
Here’s how to make it:
- Fold it in half, upwards. Then unfold.
- Fold it again, but to the side this time. Unfold again.
- Put the fortune teller face down.
- Fold all four corners so they meet in the middle.
- Flip the paper over so the flaps are face down. Fold each of the corners into the centre.
- Fold it in half sideways to make a crease. Unfold and fold the other way.
- Stick your thumbs and pointer fingers in the four pockets. Push all the pockets to a point.
How to play:
- Ask a friend to pick a number between one and four. Open and close the fortune teller that many times.
- Ask your friend to pick one of the characters. Open and close the fortune teller once for every letter in the character’s name.
- Have your friend pick a character again. Open the flap and read their weather forecast out loud!