Hi Owlkids Families!
Summer is here and it’s a great time to get out and explore your world. I love pretending I’m a tourist in my own city and seeing things from a visitor’s perspective. Here are some activities you may be able to do in your area to help you see your neighbourhood, town, or city in a whole new way!
- Visit an Indigenous friendship centre or museum to dive deeper into the history of where you live.
- If you are in a city that offers double decker bus tours, hop on and go for a ride. You’ll learn fun facts and will get to see things you might not have noticed before.
- Pack a family picnic and and a frisbee and go hang out in a neighbourhood park for an afternoon.
- Eat the world! If you have access to a variety of restaurants, pick a culture and explore the menu. Or research online to create your own dish!
- Go on a scavenger hunt for unique wall murals and other outdoor art installations.
- Check out a local museum or art gallery.
- Go for a hike to see if you can get to the highest point and check out the view from above.
- Explore a playground or neighbourhood that you have never been to before.
- Sit outside or take a walk at sunrise. Places always look, feel, and sound different in the early morning hours. What do you see, hear, smell, feel?
Have fun out there, everyone!
The Owlkids Team