Mmm avocados! There’s so many types of dishes you can make with this bright green ingredient. You can make a simple and easy-to-share dish called guacamole (say: gu-wock-a-mole-eh). If you’re looking for a popular, yummy, and easy snack to make for you and friends this Avocado Day, try out the recipe below!
*Remember to always ask an adult for help when cooking in the kitchen.
- 3-4 ripe avocados (Tip: the best way to tell if an avocado is ready to eat is by lightly squeezing it. The avocado should be as squishy as the softest part of your hand.)
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup of cilantro (say: sil-an-tro)
- 1 small tomato
- Garlic powder
- Extra: Tortilla chips (for scooping!)
- Prepare your ingredients. Wash and chop the tomatoes and cilantro. Cut open the avocados.
- In a large bowl, scoop out the avocados (remember to remove the pit!) and mash it with a fork.
- Squeeze half a lime over the mashed avocado. Before adding more, take a spoon and taste it to see how much more lime juice is needed.
- Add the cilantro and tomatoes. Mix all together.
- Season with salt and garlic powder.
There you have it! A simple and tasty avocado recipe you can share with your family and friends. If you make the dish, let us know in the comments below what you thought of it!
Bye for now,