In honour of Cheddar Day, here is a delicious (and colourful!) recipe for you to try.
*Always ask an adult for help in the kitchen.
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 shades of food colouring
- Butter or oil
- 4 small bowls
- Frying pan
What to do:
- Separate the cheese into four different bowls. Stir a different colour of food colouring into each bowl.
- Butter both sides of a slice of bread.
- Place four rows of coloured cheese on top of the bread.
- Place another slice of bread on top of the cheese and butter the outside.
- With a grown-up’s help, place the sandwich in a heated frying pan and fry both sides until brown.
- Cut your grilled cheese in half to see the colours inside!
Do you know any other tasty recipes? Leave them below in the comments section!
This recipe originally appeared in the March 2019 issue of Chickadee.