April 22nd is Earth Day! Earth Day is a great reminder that we can all do our part to help the environment. Looking for something to do to celebrate? Try one of these ideas:
- Ride your bike, walk, or take public transit instead of taking a car. (Riding my bike to work every morning is my favourite part of the day!)
- Buy used items like bikes, books, and clothing, instead of buying new stuff.
- Visit a local farmer’s market. Food grown close to home always tastes better!
- Plant flowers, vegetables, or a tree in your backyard.
- Tell a friend what you are doing to help the Earth so maybe they will help out, too!
Have fun greening it up!
Jackie, Chirp Editor