Hi Owlkids Family,
April is Earth Month and it’s a great time to get out there and celebrate the planet. Doing something fun outdoors or learning more about the environment can kickstart great family conversations about the importance of protecting our beautiful Earth. Here are some fun things to do!
- Take a neighbourhood walk or forest hike and look for buds and blossoms on trees and shrubs.
- Experiment with a D.I.Y mini water filter.
- Read a silly book about a shrinking forest and a bear who tries to adapt: How to Be Human by Sophia Kolinas.
- Take a virtual tour of a coral reef.
- Make a paper kite and fly it on a windy day.
- Start a bird journal. Draw and take notes about the birds you see outside your home.
- Put on your rainy day clothes and jump in a puddle. Who can make the biggest splash?
- Learn about endangered animal species.
- Roll down a hill.
- Rip up old clothing and sheets to turn them into something new like hair ties, cleaning rags, knotted pet toys, or outfits for stuffies,
- See how long your family can go plastic-free. It’s okay if it’s not that long! It’s still a good jumping off point to talk about the use of plastics in our homes.
Have fun going green, everyone!