Celebrate Grilled Cheese Month with this delicious (and colourful!) recipe.
*Always ask an adult for help in the kitchen.
- 250 mL (1 cup) shredded white cheese
- 4 shades of food colouring
- Butter or oil
- 4 small bowls
- Frying pan
What to do:
- Separate the cheese into four different bowls. Stir a different colour of food colouring into each bowl.
- Butter both sides of a slice of bread.
- Place four rows of coloured cheese on top of the bread.
- Place another slice of bread on top of the cheese and butter the outside.
- With a grown-up’s help, place the sandwich in a heated frying pan and fry both sides until brown.
- Cut your grilled cheese in half to see the colours inside!