Today is International Polar Bear Day!
Here are some fun polar bear facts:
- Polar bears use their large front paws to swim forward and steer with their back legs.
- Polar bears actually have black skin under their fur, which attracts the sun’s rays.
- Polar bears are the largest breed of bear.
Polar Bears International is asking for your help to keep polar bears safe by reducing carbon emissions.
Here are some ways you can get involved!
- Ask your parents to turn down the thermostat to reduce energy.
- Try to reduce energy as much as possible throughout the year.
- Spread the word on how you’re helping the polar bears so others can get involved, too!
Click here for more information about International Polar Bear Day.