Happy International Sushi Day!
Today is an especially delicious day because it’s International Sushi Day! Sushi is one of my most favourite types of food.
Sushi (say: SOO-she), is a traditional Japanese dish. Usually it’s made of sticky rice that’s rolled up with seaweed, raw fish or veggies.
Here’s a great twist on sushi rolls, also called maki, for you to try!
1) Spread a thin layer of cream cheese onto a whole wheat wrap.
2) Lay a few pieces of ham or turkey on top.
3) Place a few veggie sticks, like cucumber or carrots, on one end of the wrap.
4) From the side with the veggies, start rolling your wrap into a very tight roll.
5) Ask an adult to cut the roll into smaller pieces.
Chow down! This is a great snack to eat at home or take to school.
I tried a piece and brought them to school for our last day of school and everyone loved them. They asked me to make more next year. Thanks for all the help.
your sushi lover,
I think I tried sushi at my school