Today is an especially delicious day because it’s International Sushi Day! Sushi is one of my most favourite types of food.
Sushi (say: SOO-she), is a traditional Japanese dish. Usually it’s made of sticky rice that’s rolled up with seaweed, raw fish or veggies.
Here’s a great twist on sushi rolls, also called maki, for you to try!
1) Spread a thin layer of cream cheese onto a whole wheat wrap.
2) Lay a few pieces of ham or turkey on top.
3) Place a few veggie sticks, like cucumber or carrots, on one end of the wrap.
4) From the side with the veggies, start rolling your wrap into a very tight roll.
5) Ask an adult to cut the roll into smaller pieces.
Chow down! This is a great snack to eat at home or take to school.