Happy Umbrella Day!
Happy Umbrella Day! Celebrate today with some fun facts about umbrellas!
- The name ‘umbrella’ comes from the latin word ‘umbros’, which means ‘shade’ or ‘shadow’.
- The umbrella was invented in China.
- Umbrellas are coated in a water-proof material called Teflon.
- A long time ago, many women used umbrellas as a part of their outfit – for fashion!
- Umbrellas are also called parasols, which is a lighter umbrella.
If you have a fun fact you would like to share, comment below!
Have a great day,