Did you know that May 20-26th is Healthy and Safe Swimming Week? With warm weather around the corner, nothing is better than taking a dip in the pool or lake. So, here are some things you can do to stay safe while swimming:
- Never swim alone, always swim with a friend.
- Swim only in areas that have a lifeguard.
- Swim a safe distance away from diving boards and slides. Never swim under them.
- Stay out of the water when you are very tired, very cold, or overheated.
- Swim at a depth that is safe for you. If you’re just learning to swim, stay in the shallow end.
Do you know any swimming tips? Share them with us in the comments!