Are you looking for a fun summer craft? Try making this sponge sailboat—it even floats!
*Remember to get an adult’s help when using the scissors and skewers.
- Colourful construction paper
- Wooden skewers
What to do:
- Cut a triangle out of construction paper to make you sail. Make sure the triangle is a bit longer than the wooden skewer.
- Using the skewer, poke two holes in your triangle. (One near the top point and one near the flat bottom.)
- Slide the skewer through the two holes. Make sure to leave some room at the bottom of the skewer to stick into the sponge!
- Attach the skewer to your sponge until an inch of skewer pokes through the bottom.
- Place the sponge in water with the sail up and watch your sailboat float!
Do you like boats? Let us know in the comments below!