Sarah, the Owlkids intern here!
Yesterday, I went on a nature walk and I saw so many cool things! One thing I saw was a beautiful butterfly that had different colours all over it! This gave me the idea to make my own butterfly. You can make this butterfly craft, too, just follow the instructions below.
- Toilet paper roll
- 2 sheets of coloured paper
- 2 popsicle sticks
- 2 pompoms
- Googly eyes
- Jewels, stickers, beads
- Cut a sheet of coloured paper in half.
- Wrap the paper around the toilet paper roll and glue it down.
- Cut the other sheet of paper into two circles for the wings. Glue the circles to the back of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue on popsicle sticks for antennas. Glue pompoms to the popsicle sticks.
- Glue on googly eyes.
- Use markers, jewels, stickers, and beads to decorate your butterfly.
What are some cool things you’ve seen on your nature walks? Tell us in the comments!
See you next time,