Today is Square Dancing Day! Square dancing is a type of dance where partners dance around in a square shape. Normally in square dancing there is a “caller”, a person who calls out different dances for the dancers to do as the music changes.
In honour of square dancing day, here are some dance moves you can learn! You can arrange these moves to make up your own dance, or have a parent call them out like a caller in square dancing.
- The Twist – Twist your body around using your arms and your hips.
- Slow Dancing – Dance as slooow as you can, like a sloth!
- The Robot – Move your arms around in a stiff way, like a robot.
- Animal Dances – Dance how you think different animals would dance. You can hop like a rabbit, slither like a snake, or do whatever creative animal dance you can think of!
- Twirling – Spin around in a circle!
Can you think of any other fun dances? Let us know in the comments below!