Owlkids intern Lesley is back with a great craft. Over to you, Lesley!
Are you feeling cooped up? Here’s a fun winter craft that will help feed the birds!
- Cardboard toilet-paper roll
- Vegetable shortening
- Bird seed
- Empty box
- Ribbon (long enough to hang from a tree branch)
1) Spread a coat of vegetable shortening onto the cardboard tube.
2) Pour bird seed into the empty box so there’s a thin layer covering the bottom.
3) Roll the cardboard tube in the bird seed so the seeds cover the tube.
4) Thread some ribbon through the tube and tie the ends together.
5) Hang your feeder from a tree branch and watch the birds feast!
Bye for now!