Hi all! Kim and I went to see a premiere screening of Disney’s Teen Beach Movie! You can check it out on Family Channel this Friday, July 19th at 8 p.m. EST. Here are five things to look forward to when it hits your screen:
- The dancing! Teen Beach Movie is directed and choreographed by Jeffrey Hornaday, who was also behind the iconic moves in famed 80’s dancing flick Flashdance. Expect lots of shimmying, air-guitar, and hand motions to reflect the movie’s beachy, sixties vibe.
- The lingo! When main characters Brady and Mac (short for Mackenzie) wind up trapped inside a 1960s beach movie, they quickly find phrases like “what’s up, dog?” don’t mean very much to their new friends – “what’s happening, cat?”, however, they totally understand!
- The jokes! I loved that this was a movie-inside-a-movie. The main characters often “broke the fourth wall” – meaning they acknowledged the audience watching through tons of silly jokes and gags (in some moments, characters look right at the camera!).
- The costumes! Though it was hard for me to pick a side between the feuding surfers and bikers, if it was all based on fashion there would be no contest: the retro dresses, leather jackets and big, bouffant hairdos on the biker side were super-cool!
- The surfing! Mackenzie and Brady are both totally courageous surfers who head out on the open ocean even when the waves look merciless! Watching them on their surfboards has inspired me to try surfing the next time I’m near the ocean!
Check out this trailer and see for yourself:
Are you excited for Teen Beach Movie to come out? What are you looking forward to seeing the most?
Thanks for reading, “cats”!
– Lauren, email@example.com