Hi chickaDEE readers!
Looking for something to do tonight? You may want to check out the new 3-D animated movie, Rio!
This movie follows Blu, a lovable Spix’s Macaw who’s living a cozy life with his owner and best pal, Linda, in a small Minnesota town. Things quickly get shaken up when a Brazilian bird expert named Tulio tells Linda that Blu is the last male of his kind. In order to save the species, Tulio wants Blu to meet the only other female Spix’s Macaw in the world, Jewel. There’s only one problem: Jewel lives all the way in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! Although Blue and Linda aren’t big on adventure, they decide travelling to Rio is the right thing to do.
After arriving in Rio, Blu and Jewel meet. But their hilarious introduction is cut short when they’re kidnapped by animal poachers! The adventure continues as the lovebirds try to escape the thieves and their crazy cockatoo, Nigel.
Here are a few notes I have after seeing the movie.
1) This movie is all about trying new things. Even though Blu is scared to face his fears about being away from home, he finds the courage to do it! When he does, he meets many new friends and learns that trying new things is great.
2) You will dance in your seat! will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas andÂ Jamie Foxx are just a few of the singers who lend their voices to this movie. The traditional Brazilian music featured in this flick will also make you want to Samba the day away. (Samba is a traditional Brazilian dance!)
3) There are a ton of cute animals! From pudgy baby birds to fuzzy monkeys, the movie is full of adorable critters.
4) You won’t be able to take your eyes off the beautiful scenery. From the busy city streets to colourful jungles, this film is sure to make you feel like you’ve been transported into another world!
5) There are some sad parts in the movie. Blu and Jewel run into danger a few times.