Today is National Panda Day! This day was created to help spread the word about one of the world’s most endangered species. It helps highlight the efforts of the animal-loving community that is dedicated to protecting and restoring habitats.
We’re going to celebrate today by learning some cool facts about pandas.
- Pandas are good at climbing trees and they can also swim.
- Pandas are born fur-less and pink. The black and white colour comes about three weeks later.
- They are also born blind and open their eyes six to eight weeks later.
- An adult panda spends up to 12 hours eating. That’s a lot!
- Pandas do not hibernate. When winter comes, they head down their mountain homes to warmer areas, where they continue to chomp away on bamboo!
Do you know any other cool facts about pandas? Leave them below in the comments section
Have a great weekend!
– Chidera, firstname.lastname@example.org!