Hey, OWL Readers!
Some people – called graphologists – believe in the science of using a person’s handwriting to discover more about their personality. Graphologists can work in fields like psychology, medicine and crime forensics. Cool, huh?
Give graphology a try: copy the sentence below on a piece of lined paper, sign your name underneath, and then read on to find what your handwriting says about you!
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
– [Your Name]
We’re going to use five S’s of graphology: size, shape, slant, strength, and signature.
1. Size – How much of the line your writing takes up shows how you might behave at a party or social gathering.
- Large – If all of your letters cross, touch or almost touch the line above, you have large writing, and a large personality to match – you’re likely outgoing, outspoken and at the front of the mambo line!
- Medium – If your tall letters (ones with ascenders like b, d, f, h, k, l, t and any capitals) touch or almost touch the line above, but the rest stay in the middle, you are probably as even-keeled as your writing is, and you can happily go with the flow (even if it means you have to play snakes and ladders again).
- Small – If your tall letters do not touch or almost touch the line above, and the other letters are below the middle, your neat, tiny writing marks you as a little bit shy – you’d probably be most comfortable in a conversation with a small group of people.
2. Shape – Do your letters look more like sticks or stones? The answer shows what kinds of subjects you might ace at school.
- Sticks – pointy letters with small loops (the holes in a’s, b’s, d’s, and other letters with a closed circle) show off your curiosity and intensity – math, science, and history could be right up your alley.
- Stones – rounded, bubbly letters tend to be written by creative types – you might ‘roll’ on over to classes like art, music, and writing.
3. Slant – If your letters were arrows, which way would they point? This can tell you a little bit about whether or not you’d try something daring!
- Right – Like your letters, you lean in to new experiences and people – you’d be skydiving or parachuting in no time!
- Left – You are individualistic and like to help out behind the scenes – you might be happier filming someone else’s daredevil antics.
- No slant – Your handwriting is straight up-and-down and so is your thinking – you are likely very logical and would not try anything without a lot of research first.
- BONUS: If you write with a left slant and are right-handed, or a right slant and are left-handed, you are probably a bit of a rebel – you would not just try anything daring, you’d do it blindfolded!
4. Strength – How much pressure do you put on your pen or pencil when writing? This tells you what kind of friend you are.
- Heavy – You make committed promises and can be counted on to follow through with them – your friends can trust and rely on you to have their back.
- Light – You are sensitive to other people’s feelings and can empathize well – your friends know you’re a great listener who gives excellent advice.
5. Signature – Is your signature scribbly or sharp? This tells you what kind of celebrity you would be!
- Scribbly – you are mysterious and don’t like to reveal too much about yourself. If you were a celeb, you’d stay out of the limelight (unless you had a concert to perform or awards ceremony to go to, of course).
- Sharp – you are confident and have nothing to hide – your megawatt celebrity smile would be on the cover of every magazine (especially OWL!).
I can’t wait to hear what your handwriting reveals about you! Do you agree with your results?
Until next time, graphologists!
– Lauren, email@example.com