The April issue of Chirp magazine is all about the Amazon Rainforest in South America. There are many tropical rainforests on our planet and they work hard to clean our air and are home to half of our planet’s animal and plant species so it’s important for us to make sure they live for a long, long time. Here are some things you can do to help keep rainforests healthy and strong:
- Tell others how the rainforests help clean the air.
- Tell others about the plants or animals that live in rainforests.
- Use materials that are made of recycled wood and paper whenever you can so new trees don’t have to be cut down.
- Eat less fast-food beef and processed beef. Much of the Amazon Rainforest is cut down to make room for beef farming.
- Donate money to charities that help rainforests, like this one: https://www.rainforesttrust.org/