Happy Easter! Create this yummy Peep layered rice krispy treat and share it with your family and friends.
You can also find the recipe here. Always ask an adult for help in the kitchen!
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine divided
- 4 3oz packages of Marshmallow Peeps (or any marshmallows) in different colours
- 6 cups of Rice Krispy cereal divided
How to make:
- Prepare an 8 inch loaf pan by lining it with foil and spraying it with cooking spray.
- Divide the Peeps by 10’s of the same color – 10 pink, 10 yellow (or any colors of your choice)
- In a deep, medium sized microwaveable dish, microwave 10 of the same color peeps with 1 tablespoon butter on high for 45 seconds. Make sure the Peeps don’t flow over the sides of the bowl.
- Stir butter and Peeps together until fully melted and incorporated.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of cereal until fully coated. Press firmly into the loaf pan.
- Repeat steps 3-4 with other Peep colours.
- Allow to cool completely 1-2 hours before slicing.