Recipe: National Ice Cream Day!
Cool down this weekend by making this yummy mixed berry ice cream for National Ice Cream Day!
You can find the recipe here as well.
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen mixture of berries (you can slice them too)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- An ice cream maker
What to do:
- Make sure you have an adult to help you!
- Whisk together the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- In the ice cream maker, pour the mixture in and follow the directions that came with your ice cream maker.
- Add the berries 5 minutes before it’s done churning.
- Put in the freezer to firm up for 2-3 hours and then serve.