Celebrate International Friendship Week!
Owlkids intern Danielle has come up with some great ways to celebrate International Friendship Week. Give them a try!
Every year, the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates International Friendship Week. During this time, young girls have the chance to make friends from around the world while helping the local community.
Here are some things that you can do to celebrate International Friendship Week at home:
- Ask a parent to help you look into volunteering in your community.
- Ask your teacher if your class can set up a pen pal program with a class from another part of the world.
- Braid ribbons to make friendship bracelets for your pals.
- Read a book about friendship.
- Write thank you cards to your friends with a special message for each one.
What do you think makes a good friend? Let us know in the comments!
Until next time,
– Danielle, email@example.com