Make a BEE-utiful Craft!
It’s summer time! This bee-utiful craft is super easy and fun to make. Make a bunch to decorate your flower pots, windows, or walls, and make sure to ask a grown-up for help!
What you’ll need:
- Yellow, black, and red paper
- Two circle-shaped paper punches. (You can also use the bottoms of drinking glasses or bottles for tracing circles.)
- Small flower or heart-shaped punch. (You can also cut these out by hand if you don’t have the punch tool.)
- Black marker
- Craft sticks
What to do:
- Make the bee’s head and body by cutting two circles (one large, one small) with the yellow paper.
- Glue the small circle (head) onto the large circle (body).
- Cut a few thin strips of black paper.
- Glue two to three black strips onto the bee’s body. Cut off any excess (but don’t throw the pieces away!).
- Using a black marker, draw on the bee’s eyes and mouth.
- Using the black paper scraps, glue them as antennas onto the back of the bee’s head.
- Cut out flowers or heart-shaped pieces of red paper for a pop of color! Glue them on top of the bee’s antennas.
- Cut out a small triangle of black paper to make the bee’s stinger. Glue it onto the back of the bee’s body.
- Bonus: glue a popsicle stick onto the back of the bee to make a puppet or houseplant decoration!
Let us know in the comments how your honey bees turned out!
Bye for now,